Monday, October 16, 2017

Review: Jurassic Park

Jurassic Park Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I grew up in the nineties, which means I was a huge Jurassic Park freak. I was the original dinokid. And I still love the movie like mad and watch it every time I get.

I'm not going to say the book was a disppointment because it actually wasn't. It was exciting and interesting and the dinosaur info was awesome! What I love about reading the book of a movie is how much more extra information you get on the setting and characters. I got that. But what I think was lacking in Crichton that Spielberg managed to do so wonderfully is likeability. Malcolm was among the funniest parts of the movie but here he just rambled on and on and seemed to be nothing more than a mouthpiece for Crichton's own views. And Jesus, was Lex annoying! I mean Tim was too in the movie but he was intentionally so and he had as a friend of mine said, "impeccable comedic timing".

I don't know if it's true but I had the distinct impression of reading about kids written by someone who didn't remember much of his childhood and wasn't all that used to hanging out with kids.

But it WAS exciting and it was thoroughly enjoyable. Crichton is an easy read. In fact he helped me get through Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked This Way Comes, because even Malcolm couldn't compare to THOSE philosophical ramblings!

View all my reviews

No comments: