Sunday, January 27, 2019

Review: Historia de la locura en la época clásica vol. 1

Historia de la locura en la época clásica vol. 1 Historia de la locura en la época clásica vol. 1 by Michel Foucault
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have a deep and abiding hatred of French literary criticism... and Foucault isn't even a literary critic. I don't know what he is. I don't know what THIS is! I thought I was suffering with Gennett but JEEZ! he organized his ramblings! He was concrete and to the point!

Foucault is...

Well... he sounds really smart, I'll give him that, and some of what he says WILL be useful for my dissertation's subject. I am learning A LOT about history and where our idea of madness comes from... but half the time it feels like I'm struggling through the swampy depths of someone who just DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO ORGANIZE HIS THOUGHTS.

View all my reviews

No comments: